I decided to take part in a Valentine's Day blog link up. I came across this link up on one of my favorite blogs, Jessica Who?, and decided it would be fun to participate. It's always fun connecting with other bloggers. Thank you to Melissa from The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife for hosting this Valentine's Day link up.
This link up is to see how well your spouse really knows you, and to get them "involved" on the blog a little . The list of questions below I answered myself, and then I gave Clete a blank list of the same exact questions to answer about me. You can see and compare our answers below...
List of Questions Asked:
List of Questions Asked:
- How long have you been married?
- Where was your first date?
- Where was your first kiss?
- Who first said, "I love you"?
- What were your wedding colors?
- What is her most commonly used phrase?
- Who is her celebrity crush?
- If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
- What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
- What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
- What is the most-played song on her iPod?
- What would she say is your most annoying habit?
- What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
- If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
- What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
- What's her go-to drink at Starbucks?
- What's her blog's name?
Her Answers (Me):
- 2 years this June
- We watched a movie at his house.
- In my car, his driveway. I said, "are you going to kiss me or not?"
- He did. I still remember exactly how it happened.
- black and white, with pink accents at the reception.
- I think the ESPN commentator, Jesse Palmer is a cutie! Does that count?!
- non alcoholic: me, water. him, coke or beer.
- His favorites have been yum yum chicken, and meatloaf cupcakes.
- There have been several he hasn't cared for, so I don't know the worst one. One time I made a chicken casserole that he told me to never make again.
- My iPod is pretty bare, so I don't think there is a most played song. If I listen to music on my phone it's usually a Pandora station.
- When he gets stuck on a "funny" line and uses it over and over... currently it's no, while he shakes his head this certain way. He said it's like Uncle Sy off Duck Dynasty. SO annoying!
- It really depends on the day.
- Probably would be my "old lady" night shirt. Lol
- I would guess my smile.
- Skinny Vanilla Latte
- The Journey...
His Answers (Clete):
- 1 year, 8 months (He was specific!)
- Movie Theater (umm... wrong! It started as going to the movies, but we ended up watching a movie at his house.)
- Lyndi's Car
- Pink (There was only a little bit of pink at the reception. We did not have a pepto pink wedding.)
- Clete stop it!
- Jesse Palmer
- her: water w/lemon me: beer
- meatloaf cupcakes
- slow cooker chicken tacos (This was a new recipe I tried a few weeks ago, and neither of us were a fan. They were pretty bad, and I actually forgot about them.)
- Having the TV up too loud. (This annoys me too. Especially when I'm watching TV in a different room.)
- Check her social media outlets. (This is true on most evenings. I should probably work on changing that habit.)
- purple night gown (I know he hates it!)
- The way she loves me.
- something lite
- The Journey
Overall, I would say we know each other pretty well. The answers we were off on, were at least close. After almost 9 years together, you do know someone pretty well. :)
He surprised me last night when I got home from work with my Valentine's since we're going to the OKC Thunder game tonight. He did very good this year! I got a gift certificate for a massage, flowers, a togo reusable coffee cup, sugar free chocolates (he made sure to let me know they are weight watchers friendly!), a "you're paw-fect" chocolate bar from Honey, and a sweet card. I am a blessed wife!
Today we celebrate our 9th Valentine's together. It's hard to believe that 9 years have gone by so quickly! I am a lucky lady to have Clete by my side of the journey of life. We are very blessed, and we look forward to what's in store for our future!
Thank you Clete for helping me on the blog today. Happy Valentine's! I love you to the moon & back mr!