4.06.2012

date night.

Life has been busy. Last week, I felt like I barely saw my husband from Thursday-Sunday. This week it's been much slower and more of our normal routine. We rarely have a true date night (him + me, dinner & a movie), but this one was much over due. I don't even remember the last date we went on just the two of us.
A few weeks ago I bought tickets for Clete and I to go see Titanic in IMAX 3D at the Moore Warren Theatre. Titanic is one of Clete's favorite movies, so when he saw that it was coming out in 3D he said we'd be going to see it. To be a good wife, I got online and got us tickets to surprise him. (I surprised him after I bought the tickets, so he knew about the date ahead of time.) We had never been to the Warren to see a movie, so I thought it'd be a good place to go for date night.
We went on Thursday evening because we will have company this weekend, and when I planned it I wasn't for sure which day my parents were coming. It ended up working out great though... Clete came to my office to meet me after work and we headed down to Moore. We had dinner at a new restaurant down that way, Hollie's Flatiron Steakhouse, and then ventured to the movie theater. The movie was good, but it was so. LONG. Of course, I knew this going in but the last 20 minutes seemed to drag on forever. It was a good date night. We got home a little after midnight and went straight to bed. It was way past our bedtime for a work night. ha!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

This morning, I woke up feeling like pooh. :( sore throat, ears hurt, body aches... yuck. I went to the urgent care to get some meds, and hopefully I'll be feeling better before my parents get here tomorrow afternoon. We have Easter plans with them and some good family friends, so I need to be well. until next time. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day! XOXO

Blogging tips